What is Competitive Bidding?
Renovate to live, Sweeten to thrive!
Sweeten brings homeowners an exceptional renovation experience by personally matching trusted general contractors to your project, while offering expert guidance and support—at no cost to you.
4 advantages of getting multiple estimates for your remodel
Competitive bidding means inviting three to five general contractors to submit an estimate, or bid, for your remodeling project. Then, after carefully comparing the bids, you can hire the right contractor with confidence.
This is standard practice in the wider world of construction. At Sweeten, our roots are in the construction industry—our founders are trained architects—and we believe competitive bidding is the ideal approach to planning home renovations. We suggest you ask for bids from at least 3 general contractors before hiring one. When it comes to getting estimates for your remodel, having multiple options gives you more flexibility and choice.
Sweeten matches home renovation projects with vetted general contractors, offering guidance, tools, and support—for free.
Competitive bidding empowers you to:
- Know you’re getting a highly competitive price
- Know you’re getting the specific services you need
- Compare contractors’ design ideas and solutions
- Compare contractors’ communication styles and personalities
You’ll feel assured that you’ve chosen the right contractor, that you’re getting the right services, and that you’ve been quoted the right price. It’s a magical way to find peace of mind, without any second-guessing.
How the bidding process works at Sweeten
Sweeten is the only renovation service that actively supports competitive bidding. It’s baked into our process from the start. With Sweeten you’ll get:
- A list of recommended, trusted contractors who are perfectly matched to your renovation. You can pick your favorites and invite them to bid on your project with a single click. Every general contractor we match you with will be well-qualified for the kind of renovation you’re planning, your budget range, and the design services you need. You get to choose based on the intangibles, like whether you prefer to work with a large or small company, which contractor’s portfolio projects you prefer, and you find easiest to communicate with.
- Messaging tools available right in your Sweeten dashboard, to make setting up site visits simple and fast. We also include a video chat feature, so contractors can meet with you remotely, to save time and maintain social distancing.
- A free bid-leveling call with one of our renovation specialists, to help you understand your bids—and get inside information on the individual contractors. This invaluable service helps you see the big picture make the most informed choice.
During the bid-leveling call, we encourage you to ask anything, whether about your renovation, the contractors bidding on your project, or the Sweeten process.
Sweeten handpicks the best general contractors to match each project’s location, budget, scope, and style. Follow the blog, Sweeten Stories, for renovation ideas and inspiration and when you’re ready to renovate, start your renovation with Sweeten.