2br RenovationPosted by Brad C. in Murray Hill
Substantial renovation of post-war 2BR hi-rise co-op, including new skimmed ceiling, new flooring, new kitchen, new bathroom, and new built-in cabinetry throughout.
See Demo Plan on A201.PDF.
- Popcorn ceiling to be scraped and skimmed
- Wood parquet floor to be removed
- Full gut of kitchen
- Full gut of east bathroom
- Selective demo of existing partions and built-in closets
Apartment is not occupied.
Scope of work
See attached prelim drawings (finals to be posted 5/20). Scope includes:
- Skimmed ceiling throughout
- New wood flooring and base throughout
- New custom painted and veneer kitchen cabinets and appliances
- New custom dining cabinets and veneer wall panels
- New custom radiator cabinets
- New custom built-in veneer cabinets/closet in Study
- New custom pocket doors, including one oversize
- New tile and fixtures in west bathroom
- New partition for WIC and acoustic wall in MBR
- New painted and veneer soffits w/ integral lighting
- Additional outlets and lighting
There's nothing about them that wasn't top notch. Their back office is well organized by Natalia and Kris's attention to detail and flexibility on the construction site is great. Their subs were incredibly responsive as well.
Right away, we thought that their schedule was too optimistic given the challenges working in a full-service building and other contractor's proposals. But they not only kept to their promised schedule, they beat it.