More about this projectThis renovation was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Renovate My Kitchen In Murray HillPosted by Kasey C. in Murray Hill
My small kitchen needs a complete redo and a portion of the wall knocked out to make a pass through area. I plan to replace the cabinets, and only want mid-range appliances, backsplash tile, and a new floor, too.
Outdated; Falling apart
Other units in the same line above me have done the same renovation. I would like to maximize the limited space there and have it look uncluttered and clean.
I would be interested in pricing out the bathroom, too, and maybe renovating both at once.
Scope of work
My kitchen is quite old and cramped. I want to:
- knock out a portion of the wall between the kitchen and living room
- upgrade cabinets and counter top
- replace the sink, and add a backsplash
- replace the floor
- replace the fridge in the corner of the kitchen
- remove the stove and possibly replace with a gas cooktop (not moving location)
- Add microwave
I am definitely budget minded. I am not a real cook/foodie and I don't spend a ton of time in my kitchen, so I really want to stick to sleek, functional basics.