More about this projectThis renovation was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Renovate My Bathroom In HarlemPosted by Luke M. in Harlem
The shower pan was installed incorrectly and is leaking into the bathroom. So we are going to gut renovate our bathroom.
shower pan is leaking
Scope of work
PLEASE ITEMIZE. Also, we have all the materials picked out and would like the GC to extend his discount for the purchase of the items.
- Remove all existing finish including flooring, base, wall tiles throughout bathroom
- Remove existing vanity
- Remove existing mirror and wall sconce
- Remove existing medicine cabinet
- Remove existing wall mount towel rack
- Remove towel rack in shower
- Remove shower doors
- Existing door, door sill, toilet, plumbing, lighting to remain
2. New Construction
- Waterproof shower area and bathroom with Laticrete waterproofing membrane
- New shower pan
- New shower door
- Refinish bathroom walls level 4 finish
- Install new tile flooring
- Install new base board
- Install new tiles in shower
- Install new sliding shower doors
- Install new vanity with new hardware
- Replace existing lit mirror with new lighted medicine cabinet above vanity
- Install new oversized medicine cabinet storage on opposite wall of vanity
- Add additional outlet (optional/itemize)
3. Finishes spec'ed by client
- Wall: Benjamin Moore Super white semi-gloss finish
- Base board: porcelain tile (specification TBD by client)
- Flooring: porcelain tile (specification TBD by client - DAL Tile)
- Wall (shower): tile (specification TBD by client - DAL Tile)
- Flooring (shower): tile (specification TBD by client - DAL Tile)
- Ceiling: Benjamin Moore Super white eggshell finish
- Vanity: Kohler
- Medicine Cabinet: Kohler
- Oversized Medicine Cabinets: Kohler
Quality work. Our project took longer than necessary, but I'd rather have it take longer and be done right. They are reachable, responsive and honest. They stand by their work. They did such a good job that we asked them to fix our kitchen when the water pipe broke behind our wall. They are also dog friendly, and trust worthy.
We ended up needing more tile and there was none in the tristate area. They drove to georgia to make sure we could get the tiles we needed to remain on schedule.
Their tile work is exceptional. They pay attention to the small details. Their installers also did an incredible job. Darwin, the owner, also has a good design sense and knows what materials will match. Also when it came to exposed tile edges he had many suggestions. We would use them again and have referred him already to other folks.