More about this projectThis renovation was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Pelham Bathrooms And Other FinishingsPosted by Alexy S.
We are closing on our new home in April and are expecting a baby at the end of June. In preparation for our new arrival we would like to renovate the second floor bathroom to make it more family-friendly. We would also like to add a powder room and closet on the main floor and finish some closet spaces throughout the house. If time/costs allow, we are also interested in adding a master bath, redoing the entry area, and adding some new built-ins.
Design and Build
Haven't decided yet
Home is in good condition overall.
Scope of work
Second floor bathroom:
1. Reconfigure footprint to include some space from the hallway, add linen storage space, and expand closet in abutting bedroom
2. Replace existing shower with a full tub
3. Replace vanity with new one - two sinks if space allows
4. Redo floor and install radiant heat - to enable removal of radiator
1. Build new powder room in place of existing stairway to basement
2. Close off access to stairs from below
3. Move doorway to powder room over several inches
4. Install new door to the powder room, possibly a pocket door
5. Install ventilation/bathroom fan
Main floor closet:
1. Build coat closet in office
1. Finish floors and walls
2. Add shelving and hanging rods
3. For attic closet that runs the length of the roof line, add new entry point(s) to enable easier access