More about this projectThis renovation was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Bathroom Renovation In Windsor TerracePosted by Karun A. in Kensington
I bought the unit a year ago and have already done a good bit of renovations but now I'd like to do the bathroom.
Scope of work
Must have: Bathroom ($20k, budget does not include the cost of the tile)
1. Demo and removal of bathroom wall tile and existing mud job (partially completed)
2. Tile and grout floor and bathtub walls with client provided marble. 85 sq ft.
3. Apply a cement skim coat over existing walls and ceiling. Apply one coat concrete bond, mesh and three coats of a cement mix. (250 sq ft); I'm going for an industrial look with smooth cement walls
4. Install new toilet bowl. Client provided.
5. Install new medicine cabinet. Client provided.
6. Build shower niche.
7. Install new shower controls.
Nice to haves, TBD (Not included in budget)
1. Tile and grout back splash using client provided marble tile (26 sq ft).
2. Install blocking behind wall of back splash.
3. Eliminate wall-to-wall arch and plaster/repatch ceiling. Cover with primer.
4. Patch and plaster 4 holes in ceiling. Cover with primer.
1. Remove a 5'x9' wall that separates pantry from bedroom.
2. Patch opening using drywall as needed and apply one coat primer.
1. Add dedicated electrical line in bedroom for a/c.
2. Add outlet in bathroom.
3. Move location of ceiling fan in bedroom and add separate light fixture.