More about this projectThis renovation was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Freshen Up My New Home In Yorkville.Posted by Jacob S. in Carnegie Hill
I'm two months away from closing on my first home. This is a one-bedroom co-op in Yorkville, on the top floor of a mid-50s building. The kitchen was recently redone, but the rest of the unit hasn't been updated in a long time.
The apartment will probably need several phases of renovation, but I want to paint, redo the floors, and touch up the bathroom before moving in.
Functional but...; A little worn; Outdated
Scope of work
1. Paint all walls
2. Refinish or replace floors (excluding kitchen and bathroom)
1. Replace floor and wall tiles
2. New vanity
3. Give shower a glass half-screen, or nicer curtain system
Marc was incredibly responsive throughout the whole process. The contract was clear on what needed to be done during the renovation, and the minor things that came up during construction were all handled without additional cost. After completion of the work, Marc made certain that everything was correct, and that any issues were taken care of immediately.
- Responsive communication - Fair pricing - Good guidance on choosing materials for the space
- The only large thing that came up was we discovered we would need to install a new riser for the bathroom plumbing. Marc explained the cost breakdown and we agreed to an updated contract. - For a few minor changes, such as swapping out power outlets and repairing some cracked plaster, Marc performed the services at no additional charge.