More about this projectThis project was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Renovate My Apartment In Clinton Hill (scope Is Flexible)Posted by Cartier S. in Prospect Heights
We're approximately 6-8 weeks from closing on our first apartment in Clinton Hill. It's a 1 bedroom in the Clinton Hill Coops. B unit. We'd like to modernize it and are interested in adding some industrial-inspired features while creating a comfortable, inviting space.
Design and Build
Not my style; Falling apart
Scope of work
In order of priority
PRIORITY 1: KITCHEN
1. Remove pantry/wall between kitchen and living room
2. Replace stove and fridge
3. Add a dishwasher and small built-in wine fridge.
4. Replace cabinets, countertops, sink and backsplash
5. Add lighting
6. Add bar or island for additional storage
PRIORITY 2: FLOORING/WALLS
1. replace parquet flooring with new wood floors
2. sand walls to remove popcorn texturing and repaint
3. Remove dividing wall between side-by-side closets in bedroom
4. replace radiators with custom units in living room, dining room, and bedroom.
PRIORITY 3: BATHROOM
1. Refinish tub
2. Replace vanity and sink
3. Add cabinets
4. Re-tile and repaint walls
5. Add glass door (in lieu of shower curtain)
6. Redo flooring
7. Add outlet near vanity
PRIORITY 4: LIGHTING
1. Add chandelier in dining room
2. Add a ceiling fan in bedroom
First, the quality of work is high. Second, the team is very knowledgeable, and was particularly helpful when we were deciding on finishings, such as countertop materials. Third, the team operates with a high level of integrity. There are a ton of moving parts in a renovation, particularly a gut renovation such as ours. So when there was an unexpected challenge/error, it was resolved quickly, without hesitation and without sacrificing quality of work.
Quickly without sacrificing quality of work.