More about this projectThis project was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Ladd Renovation (budget Flexible & Labor Only -- All Materials Sbo. Arch Drawings Ready)Posted by Christina L. in Brooklyn Heights
We are currently in contract. We will be re-finishing the kitchen and 1.5 bathrooms. Kitchen will be reconfigured, bathrooms will require finishes only.
I plan on purchasing all finish materials. I am an architect and will be utilizing trade pricing for the project. Finishes will include:
-Subway tile (kitchen back splash, master bath walls)
-Carrara mosaic 12x12 mesh (master bath floor)
-Porcelain tile, 8x8 (powder room floor)
I have received feedback that the building does not have renovation requirements or an approval process. I'm attaching initial drawings for the renovation.
Not my style; Recently renovated
Scope of work
1. WALL DEMO: Demo existing wall between kitchen and living room
2. CABINETS: Demo existing cabinetry & Install new cabinetry: I will be purchasing all cabinets to be delivered, contractor scope will be demo and install.
A) PRE-FAB: so far our research has put prefab cabinets so far below custom that we plan on doing prefab. Possible prefab installation
B) CUSTOM MILLWORK: I am interested in and open to learning about custom millwork and getting a cost quote based on kitchen design through the contractors if they are competitive.
3. COUNTERTOPS: I plan on purchasing the counter tops through the cabinet maker which will include install
4. RE-INSTALL EXISTING APPLIANCES: We will be keeping all existing appliances. Re-install appliances (using existing appliances), oven line will need to be extended slightly, refrigerator will be moving a few feet.
1.5 BATHROOMS, FULL BATH & POWDER ROOM (REFINISHING ONLY)
NOTE: no removal / replacement of plumbing fixtures, all plumbing fixtures remain (all are new, locations will remain)
A) removal of existing tile, demo all tile on floor (and walls in full bath only)
B) installation of new tile, Re-tile floor and walls (including shower stall in full bath only)
2. VANITY MIRROR:
A) removal of existing vanity mirrors
B) install new vanity mirrors
3. VANITY CABINET: installation of vanity cabinet underneath existing sinks (purchased by owner)
4. VANITY LIGHTING: installation of vanity lighting, vanity light fixture (purchased by owner)
1. FLOORING: Refinish of wood floors throughout (approx 1000 SF)
2. PAINTING: Paint walls where indicated (TBD, but likely most of the apartment)
3. DOORS: Install new closet doors in master and 2nd bed, new door in powder room. Doors to be purchased by owner, installed by contractor
Our renovation included a new kitchen, refinishing the bathrooms, refinishing the floors and updating our interior doors. Nick was extremely accommodating throughout the renovation process and was very easy to work with. We had a relatively tight budget and he was able to accommodate everything we were hoping to achieve by offering great recommendations for work and purchasing. Nick was also on top of schedule, and most of the project was completed ahead of our expectations. Nick was responsive to finishing details after we moved in to ensure we were happy with the final product. Overall his team delivered a product that we are very happy with - our apartment looks great, and a lot of that credit goes to Nick and his team for listening to our vision and concerns, and making thoughtful suggestions.
Nick is a great communicator with his clients, and remains responsive throughout the process.