More about this projectThis renovation was featured on the Sweeten blog.
Turn Our 2 Bedroom Into A 3 Bedroom In Greenwich Village!Posted by Rachel K. in Greenwich Village
We've lived in our apartment for 4 years. We love it but the space isn't used efficiently and we want to create another bedroom because we plan to expand our family, eventually.
A little worn; Recently renovated
The upstairs is older, but the downstairs was recently renovated with new floors.
Scope of work
- take out existing closet (this will require some electrical because there are light switches currently on the closet)
- install built in cabinets on the wall
- change existing floor step
- build custom bookshelf/space divider between entryway and living room
- new floors (throughout upstairs)
- new cabinets, countertop and appliances
- create custom island/dining table
- complete redo for small upstairs bathroom
- build 2 walls and a closet to create a third bedroom
- expand existing WIC
- install new closet
- expand existing closet across from WIC
- install door between closets to close off downstairs bedroom
Aaron's team was great from start to finish. They were incredibly responsive, creative and thoughtful. Also, our apartment came out beautifully - the work is really high quality. I have, in fact, already recommended them to many of my friends!
Any time there was an issue or surprise, they worked with us to find creative, cost effective solutions to get us the best possible result. They were really great!!
The communication throughout was excellent. Not only were they very responsive, they would clearly lay out options for us, give practical advice, and were exceptionally nice people! I really felt like they wanted me to have my dream home, and were happy to bend over backwards to make that happen.